open office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbp

Baseband Member
Downloaded open office yesterday and quickly un-installed due to 'dire warnings' flashing on the screen. Need more advice on this! Someone suggests it less risky to purchase a disc and go that way. Help.
Another problem since re-installing windows. Keep getting following when accessing ebay, 'windows has encountered a problem and needs to close' What can this mean? It does close me down!
Barb
ps If I've asked the question before, do excuse me, i have had three forums on the go and have finally come to the conclusion that this is the most active, and will provide this beginner with more advice. Thanks in advance.

Sorry about wrong place, still finding my way around this site.
More clearly then!! Recently had windows re-installed, unfortunately minus Microsoft Office. Ebay traders offer 'Open Office', compatible with Microsoft, almost too cheap to be true. Downloaded from site (free) but was warned that the download was high risk so quickly un-installed. Someone suggested that a purchase from ebay would be safer. Don't know anyone who knows much about this product so hoping someone on this site could reassure me.
Barb
ps Not urgent yet, still hoping that someone of my acquaintance will have a copy of Microsoft Office

Open office is safe. It is not as good as microsoft office, but pretty **** good for a free program. Buying a copy off ebay wont be any different than the free download.

The download of OpenOffice from thei official site

http://www.openoffice.org/ is completely safe. I have used it personally. The people just want you to spend money on eBay that is why they say those things. You should not pay for free software. Epically on eBay. You can get it thru the stie for a much better price.

I have also downloaded Open Office from the official site and it is completely safe. What software gave you the warnings?

Dire Warnings? Open Office? - Hihgly doubt it was anything to do with OO.

I use OO, it downloaded fine, works fine, updates fine and have never had any issues what-so-ever.

I'm a big champion of Open Source software and this, IMO, is as good as Microsoft Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom