Does any AMD motherboard allow 2 Phenom cpus to be installed together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is, you can Crossfire it with a HD3650 or HD3450 and get a pretty powerful graphics solution (well its got nothing on an 8800... but its pretty decent)

The 790G chipset has radeon Hd 3200 graphics, and is the most powerful integrated graphics solution ever. The chip is based off a 55nm process, and can be oc's from 500mhz to 900mhz core, and the reference board has a spot for board makers to put dedicated memory should they wish to do so.

the Q6600 says 2X4MB L2 Cache and this one adds upto almost 4 mb per core?

It has 4MB shared cache for each two cores.

I recommend Q6600 because it performs better, consume less power and it cost only $239 on newegg

it is, you can Crossfire it with a HD3650 or HD3450 and get a pretty powerful graphics solution (well its got nothing on an 8800... but its pretty decent)

I pretty sure that one 8800GS can completely destroy any low-end video cards (such as HD3650 or HD3450) crossfired with any integrated graphic.

He can get XFX 8800GS for $99 after MIR
Newegg.com - XFX PVT88SFDF4 GeForce 8800GS 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics

I pretty sure that one 8800GS can completely destroy any low-end video cards (such as HD3650 or HD3450) crossfired with any integrated graphic.

Of course, but a 780G mobo and an HD 3450 consume less power and cost less $$$, great for someone who only does light gaming/htpc's.

Benchmarks - Warhammer, Prey And Supreme Commander - Tom's Hardware : AMD's New 780G Chipset Has Powerful GPU

And in the first test, the HD3200 + Hd3450 perform almost as well as an hd2600xt....pretty impressive for a $40 card and integrated graphics.

It has 4MB shared cache for each two cores.

I recommend Q6600 because it performs better, consume less power and it cost only $239 on newegg

He can get XFX 8800GS for $99 after MIR
Newegg.com - XFX PVT88SFDF4 GeForce 8800GS 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics

thats assuming he has the cash for it

well my aim is to get the "highest" possible gaming experience with the lowest power consumption while running a single gpu.

If I were to SLI, sure I could have gone for 2 gpus..

I like the performance promised by the 780g with the integrated graphics solution + a 3870 or the 9600gt on top wouldnt be that bad BUT I am not so
in love with the AMD's Phenom processors (compared to Intel's Quads).

So now I am left with a motherboard that offers excellent performance per dollar with an excellent integrated video solution but I cant use it with an intel's quad core...

You know you can't Hybrid Crossfire with a Video card higher than a HD3650, because otherwise the HD3200 would cause a bottleneck

hey Vernong, what do you think of the performance of a 3870 in terms of power and cooling compared to a 9600gt? (both running on stock)

I like the 790i sli motherboard but it only supports the ddr3 ram which kinda sucks.. but since I am not going to sLi or cross-fire anytime soon, i shouldnt bother as of yet..

is it possible to turn the integrated solutions off when using the discrete gpu or vice versa when gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom