Another mobo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
OK, would you guys go with the 680i or 780i for the q6600?... pretty much am I gonna be able to get the same OC with each board? better speeds? what are the differences to justify the price of the 780i and why I should go with it? thanks for the help

780i has 45nm quad support 680i doesnt, 780i has 3 16 speed pci-e, 680i has 2 16 and 1 8. 780i has a better nb cooler imo. i think you would get about the same overclocks but im not sure. i would get the cheaper 680i untill ddr3 gets cheaper then get a ddr3 board

meh, ddr3 won't be the norm for another 1.5 to 2 years...i say go with the 780i. But if you aren't using sli why do u want an nvidea chipset?

well if the drivers and support for the 9800 gx2 get better in the future i planned on running two of those... who knows really.... i prefer nvidia over ati and dont feel like spending another 300-500 dollars on a video card to run a diff chipset.. at least not right now:laughing: just really want to test my OC'ing abilities with an intel cpu... amd is good but I want to see how far I can go with a q6600... so I guess my real question is which one for better OC'ing? or are they about the same?

the 780i wins in terms of overclocking

but get the 750i FTW, because you don't need 3x 9800gx2's

ahhh completely overlooked the 750... thanks for the tip and ill check that out... i heard its pretty close in terms of OC'ing between the 3 so we shall see I guess

will i notice any difference between the 4 pin or 8 pin cpu connector? it wont hinder anything having a 4 pin will it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom