x38 vs 750i

Status
Not open for further replies.
good, good.

so i think i'm going to go with the 750i , sli in the future..and maybe even upgrade my monitor ( I think the 19" will be more then enough for now )

be best to find another...i won't start ordering for this build for another 2ish months....then if i do upgrade it'll be like next year sometime lol

i was looking to get the exact same psu with if i sli my GTS.. but not sure yet might be upgrading to GX2 so might need a little more juice.

youll be very happy with the 750 and as nvidia are in a commanding position having the option for full x16 x16 pcie2.0 SLi is a wise choice if say you dont want to full upgrade later, just add another gfx card. At the moment if you have a reasonably high end card your set for a good while, 6month-1year things get more demanding grab a cheap sli card.

is that 19" lcd widescreen or the square format?
Samsung SM-T220 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Rose Red
have a look at that if you want a beauty of a screen ;)
- Viewable Area: 22” Widescreen (1680x1050 Resolution)
- Interface: Analog / Digital
- Response Time: 2ms
- 16.7M Colours
- Contrast Ratio: 20,000:1
- Viewing Angle (H/V): 170°/ 160°
- Brightness: 300cd/m2
- 3 Years On-Site Warranty with Samsung

well the x38 has x16 on both pci-e

the one i have picked out is 19 widescreen it's a hanns-g one

Right now I'm kind of at my budget cap, hoping to get this build for a max of $1600, it's at around $1580 now so i can't afford to spend another $50 as of right now for a 22" monitor.

Maybe after the CPU drops and stuff I might be able to squeeze it end, but then I'm scared a single card won't be able to keep up with it.

Waffle, I had to decide between these two as well. At first I was looking 680i or 780i, then thought I was going to do the x38 but ultimately decided on the 750i and I think it was the right decision.

I also ordered the PC Power and Cooling psu, Q6600, 8800gts, etc., and will be running this on a 24" monitor. I was told that psu can handle two 8800gts in sli so I always have the option to add another card if I like.

I'll keep you updated if you like since you're not buying for a while... my stuff should arrive from newegg tomorrow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom