x800 xt for hl2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triXsta

Baseband Member
well currently this is my setup

amd athlon xp 3000+
radeon 9600 xt
512 mb dual chan ram(upgrading to a gig in a week)

i am planning to play hl2(just cs: source) and i play cs right now in a league competively and i currently get 100 constant fps in cs and could go well over since cs is such an old game.Since cs:s is coming out i am gonna want the same performance...maybe arouund 80-100ish fps on like medium settings. Since I know these new games coming out depend on mostly ur video card, I am planning to get a new one(maybe around christmas time,maybe earlier) and i was wondering if my current setup but with the x800xt would be able to get the fps i am looking for.Counterstrike is one of those games where fps really matters since it effects ur shooting.would getting a 9800xt let me get 100 fps in cs:s?or would only a x800xt do this job?(also i am upgrading to a gig of ram in about a week)

A 9800xt or a x800 would both do awesome jobs. Also the equvalent 5900,5950, and 6800 ultra would get you crazy high frame rates.

OK, well I would stay away from the 9800XT, because that is the worst buy in GFX cards as I see it right now:p For alittle more you could get a X800 Pro that is nearly twice as fast:rolleyes:

And plus we are talking about HL2, which will no doubt be dominated by ATi, just as DOOM3 is dominated by Nvidia, thats just the industry for ya:rolleyes:

So I say go with the X800 XT if you can, which no doubt will get you the best FPS possible at max settings. And if your short on cash the X800 Pro will be just fine too, just minus 10-20 FPS:confused:

the x800 xt platinum edition is not out yet right?when does it come out? also i only have a 350 w psu.....will this be enough to handle the x800?

triXsta said:
the x800 xt platinum edition is not out yet right?when does it come out? also i only have a 350 w psu.....will this be enough to handle the x800?

Dunno about the first question, but if the PSU is a quality name brand unit then probably:confused:

triXsta said:

I heard xt comes out when HL 2 is out.

I heard it comes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom