need help with vista fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it do? We cant help if we do not know what is going on.

Have you tried to run MemTest86? Google for it. Free and it is a LiveCD that you want. Run that it will test your RAM. Also if you can put the Hard Drive in another system and do a check disk.

i put the cd in...and go into boot mode, and start the dvd drive first...the vista steps come up, and it goes through everything quick, then gets stuck on the "completing installation" step, but periods after it still move..so i know it isnt frozen. after up to at least 2 or 3 hours it restarts, and then gets stuck on the little scrolling vista bar..
then i tried it a second time, and i had to leave it r unning while i had some errands to do, and when i came back, it was a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left, then it went away, and only the mouse was movable..left it going while i was sleeping, 5 hours later..still the same screen.. somethings not right i dont think haha

You need to use GParted LiveCD version 0.3.3 and format the drive. Vista only does a quick format and you need a full format.

Not necessarily. If the drive has any bad sectors or anything like that the Vista format will not be of any help. Since a quick format jsut gets rid of the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom