x38 vs 750i

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
This is the board I've been eyeballing lately:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX38-DS4 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

But I after hearing so many people talk about the 750i board I decided I would start looking:

Newegg.com - EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The last time I even looked at an nvidia board it was the 680 I think, and the chipset on it wasn't worth it. Now though, It seems like people like them better. I kind of like it because I will be using an nvidia card in my build and if I stick with a x38 chip I won't be able to SLI. So which would be best?? I want to be able to do slight overclocking (cpu/ram/gpu) nothing to extreme, maybe sli in the future if it seems like a cheap option (I don't upgrade a lot so I might not even use it),

Maybe some benchmarks or numbers?? Or personally experiences would be nice.
Thanks

Its both the same in terms of overclocking, the X38 might be a little more or less, but unless you want SLI for sure then 750i is the way to go

Well, I'm not to sure cause it would be awhile before I would be able to buy a second card. And to make SLI worth doing I would need a bigger monitor (19" atm). But if I bought the bigger monitor now it'd make the performance of just 1 card look bad.

How is SLI on a 19" monitor? lol

24'' is where SLI becomes a sweetspot

but with a 19'' you might get few FPS gain, and is not worth it then

how high would i be able to play crysis on??

what about a 22inch?

Right now i'm using like 15.5 crt monitor, so 19 is spoiling me enough as it is lol

i play on a 42inch 1080p. i probally wont sli, but lets say theres a possibility. Should i get 750i over x38?

legit question. i was going to start basically the same thread, but i thought it would be easier to post here.

OH okay....well i'm not an expert with monitors but i think sli would be needed for good graphics on a monitor of that size

1920×1080 is the native resolution for 1080p, I think you could be fine with SLI in all games except Crysis with an 2x 8800gt 512mb, so 750i FTW is the solution for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom