microsoft or open office (ebay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbp

Baseband Member
Thanks for all previous advice. I have now re-installed windows, solved one problem but have another. The copy of windows xp used didn't have Microsoft Word (office). There is something on ebay claiming compatability with microsoft, called open office, almost too cheap to be free. Sellers do have good feedback, however, so advice please. I really need 'Word' and Microsoft is so expensive.
Barb

Open Office is given away for free, it's faster an has more options than MS office. I use it na i can open all MS files.

Open Office is not only free, but it opens Word documents, Power Point, Excel, etc. It can be configured to save in Microsoft format as well so that you can email them to folks using MS Office and they can open them no problem. I highly recommend Open Office. In fact, I am trying to convert the hospital where I work to using it instead of MS Office. Not having much luck however. **** corporate machine...

LOL, openoffice is free to download. I guess the only way the ebay sellers can justify a price is for the medium. If people buy it, they need to learn to use google more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom