Dual Monitor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I had to reformat recently and since then i have not been able to get my secondary monitor to work in Windows XP. My Radeon driver mistakes the secondary monitor for a YPbPr device, whatever that is, and will not recognize it as a monitor. Before, all i had to do is plug it in and now nothing works, and everything i try screws it up so bad it requres a safe-mode system restore. How can I get this secondary monitor working?

Somebody post something helpful please. My Radeon driver is detecting my second monitor as a big screen TV, i got it working for a short while, then it quit.

Assuming you have the latest drivers...

How far along are you in the reformat/reinstall? Depending on the situation, I would probably just try reinstalling again and see if it changes anything.

If so, remember to install everything in the best order:
-OS,
-Service Packs,
-Chipset drivers
-DirectX
-Video drivers
-Other hardware drivers
-Other windows updates

I think thats the order...

... that is, if you don't already do this. I do know you can have installation clashes sometimes, which might contribute to the problems...

Anyways, good luck.

i heard about something from ati called "hydravision"

i think its on the site

do you wanna try that?

i dunno if it'll work with an x800 or not . . .

but its worth a try

Its an AOC Spectrum 7Glr standard 17 inch connecting through a VGA-DVI connector. It worked before the reformat so there is no reason it shouldn't be working now.

OK, I've tried different monitor drivers and even tried the Omega drivers for my ATI card, and nothing works. Somebody that knows something about dual monitor configurations on ATI cards please help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom