Nvidia 9600 GT no auto fan control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteScouter

Baseband Member
Ok so this is wierd, I just got my 9600 GT today and when it overheats it won't speed up the fan lol????

I just did a stress test on the video card, it heats up all the way to 66... Thats with the fan control disabled so it should be auto right?

Anyways if I use the RiviaTuner to manually set it at 100% I can hear it... Once I take the control off its silent.

Also another thing is every time I restart the comp, on the part where it says "Press Delete to enter setup" and all that crap the fan goes 100% for couple seconds then it turns down.

Do I have a bad card? Should I return it or what?

IDK but this is really making me mad....

It did it again, in middle of the game it freezes my comp, turns the GFX off and my monitor goes into stand-by.

After that happens the GFX card goes 100% on speed, I can hear it...

What is going on???? Anyone have ideas??

I have the fan on my 8800GTX running at 100% all the time. Just set it like that so it doesn't crash. Unless your really that annoyed by the sound of the fan.

I have the fan on my 8800GTX running at 100% all the time. Just set it like that so it doesn't crash. Unless your really that annoyed by the sound of the fan.

I'm not annoyed by the sound but I'm just wondering... Is it ok to run it at 100% at all times? Because my comp is 24/7 on and having it run 100% won't make the fan die faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom