Does any AMD motherboard allow 2 Phenom cpus to be installed together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue-lynx

In Runtime
hey guys.. I know that the Opteron motherboards allow 2 cpus to be installed simultaneously on a single motherboard. I was wondering if there are any AMD motherboards that allow two Phenom X4 processors to be installed on a single motherboard as well? is there one in the works that you know of?

the 790X chipset does look promising.. I am just wondering if there is something like it that does or would allow two quad cores on one mobo in the future?

Nope, there was supposed to be AMD Phenom FX series, for Octo-FX but they never came out

Yea if your running a server or a workstation, but for gamming and average use it wouldn't be cost affective..

And most games would take performence hits..

Performance hits? what does that mean?

wouldnt be 2 quads be performance enhancements to games anyways?

i am still kinda grounding myself with knowledge and concepts so dont mind me asking..

Performence hit means that the frames per second one would recieve in any given game would most likely decrease or there may be extra lag or choppyness.

This is because there are very little to no games that are programmed to take advantage of quad cored cpu's much less TWO quad core CPU's with thier own memory.

Haven't been enough reviews on the boards to say.

I dunnue I haven't directly compared those two CPU's but it is straight forward if you just want to know which has more Cache.

the Q6600 says 2X4MB L2 Cache and this one adds upto almost 4 mb per core?
i am confused

this link to the 780G chipset shows Ati's Hybrid Graphics ......

it says:Improve your system performance by enabling the ability for both discrete graphics and integrated graphics to render simultaneously.

I m guessing graphics wise this could be a cheaper yet powerful alternative to Intel's mobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom