9600 GT Superclocked keeps shutting off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteScouter

Baseband Member
Ok I just installed a 9600 GT and every once in while it freezes my comp and it puts my monitor in standby....

What is going on???

I got the latest drivers, the temps are lookign great... low 50s high 40s...

What can it be???

I do notice a fan turn on fast when this happens....

I can hear it loud.

Have you tried using driver cleaner pro and then reinstalling the drivers?

Are you sure it is not bad memory? Google, download and burn to a disk memtest 86+ and run for minimum of 6 hours.

i really hope its the drivers, because I used to have ATi gfx card b4 this and I uninstalled the catalys crap but couldnt find the drivers for it.

Could it be that I have a 500W PSU?? Too low maybe???

I got 4 hd's, 2 drives conected...

Ah, use driver cleaner pro to removal all video drivers from your computer, the driver for your current card and your old card included, then restart and install the drivers for your current card again.

No idea, my BIOS has an option for Overclock, u can leave it on auto, manual to set the percentage I usually go 15% because anything more restarts my comp when it gets to start up. Probably overheat but idk

And sorry for the misunderstanding but I was overclocking my comp's CPU not the gfx. As soon as I put my comp's CPU down to original 3.2ghz the gfx card runs ok for now. If i go 3.68ghz then the GFX card shuts off sometimes in the middle of the game and freezes the comp. but idk if that has to do anything with the comp's CPU overclocking.

I don't know of any CMOS Setups that have auto overclocking features for video card clocks.

Come to think of it, I don't know of any CMOS setups that allows manual changing of video card clocks.

I know that there is PCIE Frequency and PCIE Voltage, thats what I thought you ment.

But I think your enabling a CPU Overclock, which you should leave manual as well. Auto overclocking features are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom