Windows XP problem - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eusing puts the small limited cleaner found in CCleaner to shame! Even another older freeware called RegCleaner has a better registry cleanup option in the tools menu that walks right past the one there.

RegCure and some of the other retail programs are often a waste of time and money. The better freewares or manually knowing just what are leftover values can be cleaned by a manual edit or even better a freeware like RegSeeker where you simply name the reg key and say goodbye to it. That will remove specified drivers in the system32 folder as well.

CCleaner is certainly one to have onhand if you have had Windows running for any lengthy period with a good number of software changes having been made. For cleaning up crap folders with install and uninstall logs it will work great there to free up some drive space!

Hey Eye!

I am curious about this Eusing program. You mentioned that it is much better than CCLeaner. Can you tell me in what ways. Also, is there a greater risk of it messing up my system or can it be trusted with a person like me who really knows very little about adjusting or cleaning up the registry system?

Oh, one more thing...I need to know how to set up windows so it will copy all hidden and system files from various folders. Can you help me understand how to do this?

Thanks,

Freddy

For basic use just stick to Ccleaner anything more advanced unless it has the option to repair the registry or view only non system critical files can seriously mess up your computer.

For basic use just stick to Ccleaner anything more advanced unless it has the option to repair the registry or view only non system critical files can seriously mess up your computer.

lol i could of used that BEFORE i swiped my HDD to try reinstalling Vista. My network was infected badly because i let some viruses in while downloading the latest Creative driver, boy i was stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom