Bad vista, bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gintherman

Beta member
I bought a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4817 packaged with Vista Sabotage.
I call it that because if any of my old programs install on it, it
eventually sabotages parts of them to not work correctly. It then refuses
to unistall enough of some components to make sure you have further
problems in the future. It is also slow and hogs even a good computers
resources.

Needless to say, I wanted to go back to a lesser evil; XP.
I found Toshiba support to be useless, offering no sound drivers
to fix the problems. AMD Turion and ATI Radeon did provide drivers.

However all drivers I have found at driver sites so far including the
Realtek drivers will not work on this sytem with XP.

I have most of the computer working now, but really need sound drivers
that will actually work. I would appreciate help in finding them.

Just because you did not do research to see if your programs had a updated version to run on Vista it is the Operating Systems fault?

Right.

Use SiSandra Software to find out the sound card and google for drivers.

Vista is quite the incompatible monster of Operating Systems... but Toshiba is also the monster of bad support.

There is a possibility... although unlikely... that you will not be able to find the drivers... if they don't make XP drivers for that hardware.

Remeber, 2000 drivers will most likely work as well :)

Your first statement could not be further from the truth. If a application is incompatible that is because the developers are lazy and not willing to make it compatible. Not because of Vista. It is a NEW OS with NEW coding. So why it is that Vista is to blame for a application being old and out dated?

I have few if any applications that i find that are still incompatible with Vista. Hardcore Audio stuff, yes. Other than that very few applications. Even some that people say dont work on Vista do work in Compatibility mode.

So please people. Stop bringing Vista down. It is not that bad.

I used Windows Vista from February 2007 to November 2007 when I went back to XP Home. I liked the OS, I couldn't rant about it and say how many flaws are in it, of course there are but as Mak says its a new OS with new coding etc

I much prefer the style and interface of Vista over XP but in the end I did get tired of Vista as it seemed to mess up becuase i gamed on it. Now I installed Vista on my second system and it's been running since November 07 flawlessly, is this becuase this system is only used for Office and internet use and not gaming?

I used Windows Vista from February 2007 to November 2007 when I went back to XP Home. I liked the OS, I couldn't rant about it and say how many flaws are in it, of course there are but as Mak says its a new OS with new coding etc

I much prefer the style and interface of Vista over XP but in the end I did get tired of Vista as it seemed to mess up becuase i gamed on it. Now I installed Vista on my second system and it's been running since November 07 flawlessly, is this becuase this system is only used for Office and internet use and not gaming?

If you want to see a benefit in gaming on Vista, you need at least 4GB of RAM and Vista-64. Without that, you are better off gaming on XP. I personally think MS isn't trying real hard to make Vista more gaming friendly because they would rather push the Xbox 360.

If you want to see a benefit in gaming on Vista, you need at least 4GB of RAM and Vista-64. Without that, you are better off gaming on XP. I personally think MS isn't trying real hard to make Vista more gaming friendly because they would rather push the Xbox 360.

I agreee 100%, because thats what I am running. OHH and one more thing, TURN OFF USER ACCOUNT CONTROL!!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

LOL yeah turning of UAC stops those irritating messages :D So you're saying more than 4 gigs or RAM eh and 64-bit? Hmm well I'm quite happy gaming with 2 gigs and XP Home 32-bit :p

Your first statement could not be further from the truth. If a application is incompatible that is because the developers are lazy and not willing to make it compatible. Not because of Vista. It is a NEW OS with NEW coding. So why it is that Vista is to blame for a application being old and out dated?

Mak is right, Microsoft offer the platform to run software on they do the best job they can at it, all new software especially one as complex as a operating system will have bug's it is very rair that a new bit of software arrives out the box with no problems what so ever that is why we have updates. The software developers have a period of time to get used to the new os that is going to come out that is in the beta testing stage of the release cycle.

I have few if any applications that i find that are still incompatible with Vista. Hardcore Audio stuff, yes. Other than that very few applications. Even some that people say dont work on Vista do work in Compatibility mode.

So please people. Stop bringing Vista down. It is not that bad.

There are a few that need to run in compatibility mode but thats about it, I am playing a game from 1998 in compatibility mode an it runs just fine, the only thing mak say's that i can not personally back up is audio software as i only use my computer for listing to audio not for editing.

**** i am a linux fan an i am willing to defend vista, it's got a lot of bad press that is not deserved. It's far more stable, looks better an is locked down more, I have seen this for many years every time MS releases a new OS there are people who say oh no i don't like this one its not like the old one, Well things move on kids...

I find the negative comments and claims about MS oses quite entertaining...much like watching a dog chase its tail
;)

also toshiba is not to blame for what you are attempting to do, they offer appropriate drivers for the product they are selling.
Toshiba Support - Content List

what? Vista can't support my Atari Jaguar games off the bat? Bad MS/Vista...where's my cartridge slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom