Another booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesty_puppy

Baseband Member
I've recently been setting up a Win98 hard drive for the computer I just put together and in the process the hard drive I was using the old computer has lost the ability to boot. When booting from this older disk it just displays "L" followed by repetitions of 99 or 01 (a random choice of the two) at the DOS startup screen. From previous experience I think this from trying to boot a non bootable disk, but since this is a standard Win98 SE disk that worked half an hour ago there shouldn't be a problem.

So...

Is there something I can do to make it bootable again?

Or since the only things I need from this disk are emails (I hope), is there a way to retrieve the emails stored on that disk and import into the new disk, using Outlook Express 6.0 on both disks?

I don't think any other specifications are needed since I think this is a general hard disk problem, thanks for any help.

Dammit, yeah. Thought it was probably to do with that but forgot to mention it. Thanks. Though is there anything that can be done?

well, each spelling of lilo (im not much on linux ;) ), is a part of its boot process and the code is for the error... do a google for lilo errors and it ending on l will denote a certain problem in its runtime boot process. other than that I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom