problem with new video card in 1440x900...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta member
My first post in this forum, couldn't find any predecessors, so if this post shouldn't be (allowed) here, my sincere excuses.

My dad has bought a new video card (the box says it's an asus en7200GS, I'm not realy into video cards :happy:) But after installation, when I set tthe video-card to 1440x900, which the monitor can handle, I get a rescaled 1440x900, which scrolls over the screen if I touch the edges (remember age of empires:freak:) The monitor says it gets a 1280x1024 signal...

I already tried several thing to get the d*mn scrolling thing off, but in the configuration I can't find anything which even mentions this scrolling.

If you need more information: XP, fujitsu widescreen W9ZA monitor, the previous ATI video-card broke/melted down while playing GTA:( If you'd need more information, or know the right name for this scrolling thingy, or know how to solve this issue, please let me know

The scroll setting is a very annoying "feature" that asus includes with their 7 series cards. I've had two enabled automatically. If you have the nVidia Control panel, you can disable it there. As Trotter said, make sure all the ATI drivers are either uninstalled or disabled. You can disable them in Device manager or uninstall them in add/remove programs.

What I would do is uninstall the software that came with the video card and use windows update to download the drivers, not the full user software that comes with the card.

The scroll setting enables itself when the resolution is too big for the monitor to handle. The ASUS software is probably corrupt somehow, be it from the ATI drivers, or just because it sucks :)

Anyway, I would uninstall that software, and just install the drivers, and like trotter said again... make sure all of your ATI drivers are uninstalled or disabled

Good Luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom