mobo recs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
so doeas anyone know if a 790fx chipset will run one 9800gx2 to full capabilities? technically it says only crossfire with more than one card but this is only one card with sli technically. Any opinions?

Is that Foxconn board actually giving you SLI Support yet?

you mean phenom support?
heck no, it never will, it looks like. from what i read, it wont.
but i did find this on newegg:
Newegg.com - ECS GF8200A (V1.0) AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
no sli and a not-so great chipset...but nvidia, and CHEAP...will do in the meantime until the release of the 780a (which is "supposed" to be by the end of this month)**yawn**

it will work in a pinch, and it's only 80 bucks. i bet it overclocks like crap, lol.
but i can use hybrid SLI with it, and would be curious to see the results of that.
afterwards, i always have my trusty x2 3600 i could put in it....giving me a total of 4 AMD boxes if i got a phenom.

you mean phenom support?
heck no, it never will, it looks like. from what i read, it wont.
but i did find this on newegg:
Newegg.com - ECS GF8200A (V1.0) AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 8200 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
no sli and a not-so great chipset...but nvidia, and CHEAP...will do in the meantime until the release of the 780a (which is "supposed" to be by the end of this month)**yawn**

it will work in a pinch, and it's only 80 bucks. i bet it overclocks like crap, lol.
but i can use hybrid SLI with it, and would be curious to see the results of that.
afterwards, i always have my trusty x2 3600 i could put in it....giving me a total of 4 AMD boxes if i got a phenom.

Ya I meant Phenom, I've seen that board before, and the review said that the Overclocking abilities of that ECS is kind of bad on it (google ;))

also Don't you mean Hybrid Crossfire?

no, i mean hybrid SLI. it has an nvidia chipset with onboard graphics. although, i am uncertain that my 8800gts will work with it. i think it should, but not certain.

It was originally AMD's Idea though

I might be buying one of those 780g or 8200 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom