AMD Quad FX Worklog/Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to sounds like a fanboy (im not), but I really would like to go back to AMD. Intel does have great procs, and they are a great company, but I've gone with AMD many times (3800 X2 FTW!) and really hope they start picking up again.

Now that they have their quad cores figured out, hopefully they can go into 45nm smoothly. The one thing that sounds concerning is their 9850 Black edition processor facing heat issues when overclocking to a mediocre 3.0ghz on air. A 500mhz overclock causeing up 50C load temps, not that impressive.

That being the case, I wonder how they're going to put out anymore of the same processor cores @ 65nm? They're suppose to release a higher end version soon of the Phenoms, that'll be interesting to see.

For my next build, not for a good year probably, I'll be going AMD and possibly ATI. I was really impressed with their 3870's in crossfire, they destroyed 3DMark06.

Ha, sorry to turn that into an about me thread, just kinda drifted that way.

i'm just praying they havent completely scrapped socket 1207...

for my sake... i hope they do bring phenom x4's/ FX over to this board... i would love to have octacore goodness... even if it is amd...

gasp... "Even if it is AMD"

lol... I thought they planned on canceling the Quad-Core FX's for Octo-FX

That'd be a LOT of computational power, my goodness. 8 cores, phew. I can see the benfit eventually though.

Seriously, just think of this-

A game fullly optimized for eight cores, single processor with 8 cores, or a dual socket. Each core being use effiicently and effectively.

That'd make me one happy person.

If they make the Phenom X4's available to use on a dual socket, I'd be all about it. You'd see my XFX 780i/Q6600 up for sale the minute they anounced it haha.

quad opties are socket 1027-L while the FX is socket 1207-FX

at least i think thats how it was

but i know quad opties are 1207.. i just needa see if i can shove them on this board

*edit*

this just in!!! got tired of the 8800gts... and i'm reverting back to an EVGA 8800gtx :)

glad to hop back on a card thats held its weight for over a year ;)

hey hey... this R serious MATTERZ

and i'm installing WoW hahahaha.. gonna try and give that game a go on.. yup, building a quad fx platform and getting an 8800gtx because wow at 1920x1080 is a very demanding game :) hahaha

and... and i'm getting the gtx for only 250 dollars ;) brand new, never before opened... in box

Hey I saw that f/s/t post on xs lol...

If it wasn't a g80 core I would have pounced on it...

(yes I know the gtx is only a g80 core gpu, but... I CAN DREAM!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom