8600gt with 1gb ram ahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 9600gt with 1gb ram ahaha

512MB is enough for a 256-bit memory interface to handle. Anymore than that, and it's a waste. Kinda like how a 32bit OS cannot handle 4GBs.

Your thread title said 9600GT. I'll change it.

First of all that is an 8600 GT

2nd i hear they actually perform pretty good compared to the 8600 gt 512's. The 8800 gt's also have a 1gb version and it performs horribly (slightly worse then the 512).

theres one for a 9600gt

and that 128bit Interface can't handle more than 256mb GDDR3 without bottlenecking, and the same goes with 256bit and 512mb

one of the comments on the 8500GT

Pros: good cheep card if it truely is better then what ur useing
Cons: the card was over advertised in the specifications when i instaled the component into my pc the memory core clock was set at 450 and the gpu is at 400 the ram is said to be 800 mhz and yet it does not go at 800 mhz... and the tool does not even let it to go to 800 mhz as you can tell im a little dissapointed but its yet better then what i had
Other Thoughts: im sick of the overrate they do they allways have it 3 or 4 dings above what it realy is like my 80 gb ipod.. its realy 75.05 gb im sick of gitting items that fall short of what is advertised and im tired of buying an item and finding out that its 400 mhz less or 2.6 proccessor but realy its actualy 2.2 ghz the only thing that has not let me down is my ram sticks. there just a little above whats advertised and its nice for a change becuse quality is the way to go.. why even make a product that has no quality.. just gives quality products a resion to be expensive

0 out of 2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

Although he was right about 8500GT not being the best card, I dunno if i should laugh or cry at his comment.

Really these high memory videocards are just a way to get people to buy em. Most people will say "oh my 8500GT 1GB pwns your 8800GTX 768mb anyday". i wonder if a 8800GTX is $500 at curcuit city would people acually pay $600 for a 8500GT 1GB thinking its better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom