Need advice from the verterans...no newbies!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you do go for the 9600gt then get a kfa2 galaxy, it comes with a good dual slot cooler and keeps temps low. I know because i have one.

Two points are being ignored here:

1. I play at 1680x1050
2. I plan on going SLI

My 8800gt 256 is faster at lower resolutions, but once i get into 1680x1050 with AA, it hurts really bad. The only exception is cod4 multiplayer, i still get 90fps for some odd reason....but in single player...lol.....i wont even say. And i love that cooler...im not fully decided yet though.

And i dont feel like blowing over $200 on a card for its value to drop so quickly....the 9600gt would only cost me about $40 since i have a couple potential buyers for my 8800gt already.

Actually the drivers with the 8800gt is getting better, so that even though the 9600gt is scaling 90%, the 8800gt is still outperforming that (I think that applies only with the 8800gt 512mb), but, you could get the 9600gt SLI

you could do eVGA step up program?

you should consider the kfa2 galaxy 9600gt over the msi one then... It has a great cooler, and oc's well (im basically running it at g92 performance)

you could do eVGA step up program?

If he can do that with an xfx card, then please pm me on how to do that...

he can't.

Ya go with the 9600 gt if you plan on sli... but if you don't you can find some 8800 gts g92's pretty cheap.. maybe look in the buy/sell section to see if anyone has low prices (someone was selling for $160 a bit ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom