The Best Overclocking P35 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the p35's you mean the DFI LP UT t2r.

Go with the DFI LP DK P35 on newegg, its cheaper.
Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
I may get the LT over the DK only because i like the look better, but that is completely up to you. The differences are small enough that it's not bad to just get the DK, it just provides a riser sound card, slightly better cooling of the NB, and a few more bios tweaks from my understanding.

Also i've been looking at some of the x48's, and i have my eye on a $220 DK.

Motherboard | DFI Motherboard | DFI LanParty DK X48-T2R | DFI LP DK X48-T2R | X48 Motherboard | X48 Motherboards

Decent price, even if its only a higher binned x38.

ya thats what i meant

Except that he can't buy from newegg because he's in Ireland! I just posted it from NCIX to show him what it looked like.

Also i've been looking at some of the x48's, and i have my eye on a $220 DK.

Motherboard | DFI Motherboard | DFI LanParty DK X48-T2R | DFI LP DK X48-T2R | X48 Motherboard | X48 Motherboards

Decent price, even if its only a higher binned x38.
Nice board :) . A very good price too. Not too much experience with motherboard companies outside of Asus and Gigabyte, so never used DFI, however they certainly look very decent. Will probably go with the X48-T2R, it will last longest until Nehalem.
On that subject, lets just hope Nehalems not another disappointment for the world of computing (i.e. Phenom (I know, lower resources at hand but still)), are they getting rid of the MCH for sure?

Except that he can't buy from newegg because he's in Ireland! I just posted it from NCIX to show him what it looked like.
No worries, I'll just get a friend or relative to send it over for me cause quite simply I'm not paying €250 ($375) for that motherboard in Ireland. It will only cost a mere $30 or so to ship over. :D Problem solved!

Well Conroe sure didn't disappoint and so far it looks like Nehalem won't either.
Good point, I suppose :eek: . Never really thought of that, thinking more on the line of Phenom, 9800GTX (Overclocked and shrunk 8800GTX), X48 not being the uber-clocker we had hoped for etc(shouldn't be saying that if i'm getting one).

X48 not being good? or are you just saying it's not an amazing improvement? Because they certainly are good and they pretty much are just higher binned x38's.

And the 9800gtx is known better as an overclocked 8800 gts g92 rather then OC'd 8800 gtx.

X48 not being good? or are you just saying it's not an amazing improvement? Because they certainly are good and they pretty much are just higher binned x38's.
Another good point, still, the x48 were supposed to be far better.

And the 9800gtx is known better as an overclocked 8800 gts g92 rather then OC'd 8800 gtx.
Thats what I meant to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom