Gaming sound card and headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Fatal1ty card is the Xtreme Gamer with X-RAM. Plus, i dont think most games support it.

Creative has crappy @$$ drivers, it cant even detect its own audio ports for crying out loud! Good thing the front panel audio works.

i do not recommend any Creative products until newer n better drivers come out. However my card is extremely good with sounds, just dont expect awesome drivers for any of their products.

ok, well I just bought the FaTaL1Ty card a few hours ago. I had to dip into my savings to get the $50 MIR (ends the 20th)...which isn't really a problem or anything, just something I don't really like to do.

Anyways, So I'll have that sound card and probably these Tritton headphones:
Newegg.com - TRITTON TRI-AI712 4 x 3.5mm Connector Circumaural AX 51 - Gaming Headset

The headset is basically EXACTLY what I'm looking for (If i remember right these even have a "rumble feature"), cheap and the reviews won me over as well.

any last thoughts guys?

Sounds good.. The driver issue by Creative is small.. There are plenty of fully working drivers out there now if Creative doesn't want to supply them yet.

yeah, i'm not terribly worried as I'm not switching over to Vista for a while still. If they don't have any decent XP drivers then I'd be a little disappointed

I'm no sound expert but i picked up this package for $150 last time it was on sale and it works great:

NCIX.com - Buy Razer Barracuda 7.1 Ias AC-1 Sound Card & HP-1 Headset Retail Bundle Pack - RZ82-00130100-B2M1 In Canada.

US link looks to be a bit more:
NCIXUS.com - Buy Razer Barracuda 7.1 Ias AC-1 Sound Card & HP-1 Headset Retail Bundle Pack - RZ82-00130100-B2M1.

Don't know what other people have to say about razer but i've had excellent customer service and the product was as good as promised. What i've heard from some others is that the card isn't as good with MUSIC as with games if used with a different headset, but works well with the intended razer headset. anyways, my 2 cents.

i was looking at that for myself.. (got some other razer stuff and its good s**t) would you say its really a big quality boost over realtek 8.1 onboard audio... the quality seems pretty decent here but for gaming does it really help alot with spacial awareness?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom