The Best Overclocking P35 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
Very quick question:
Which board is the best, most reliable p35 motherboard around to overclock an e8400. I mean, best, not because people like the company etc. :) . I have a 6 month GA-P35-DS3R with a chance to sell it of in Ireland for the cost of a new one in the US, and surely by now there is a better board based on this chipset.

PS: Maximus Formula (x38, I know) etc. are too dear, looking around $200 mark

DFI P35 and Abit IP35. Just to name a few. I know people w/ both boards that can't decide which is better. I don't think there really is "The best" board. If your talking high FSB then theres about a handful of boards that can do it. When it comes to ocing memory. DFI takes the cake.

they'll hit 1150mhz most of the time. I would considering paying alittle more for the x38 DK because of P35 chipset limitations

Yeah there are some nice X38 boards for around the $200 mark. Intel's Bonetrail is an overclocking monster. It's a little over 200 mind you.

P35 chipset limitations, please elaborate. I won't be getting an AMD card any time soon (Only just bought 8800GTS) so don't need crossfire, and as far as I know, P35 overclock similarly. Even so, is the x38 DK good or should I just get a Maximus Formula or similar

Formula is good yes but the DFI DK still has a few better features. Provides a more stable OC as well.

P35 chipset limitations are mostly overclocking tools among other things. Like being able to set your RAM timings individually instead of like on your DS3 where they are set for you.

ya, and for $150 it can't be beat, but I think the best overclocker is the DFI Lanparty UP T2r if I'm correct

Out of the p35's you mean the DFI LP UT t2r.

Go with the DFI LP DK P35 on newegg, its cheaper.
Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
I may get the LT over the DK only because i like the look better, but that is completely up to you. The differences are small enough that it's not bad to just get the DK, it just provides a riser sound card, slightly better cooling of the NB, and a few more bios tweaks from my understanding.

Also i've been looking at some of the x48's, and i have my eye on a $220 DK.

Motherboard | DFI Motherboard | DFI LanParty DK X48-T2R | DFI LP DK X48-T2R | X48 Motherboard | X48 Motherboards

Decent price, even if its only a higher binned x38.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom