may be starting a case mod bussiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
its called mesh xD lol

in his case, the job was easier because the panel was a flat stock one that he just cut... like I mentioned yours can't be done like that unless you wan't to have rounded areas? cut out large parts of the design?

your choice

like I said, bondo + paint = decent

im re doing the power buttons to, ive got experience solderign wires, so i can instal new power button myself, aswell as instal my own front usb ports. the only reason why i never considerd this is i never had the proper tools to do so. my local hard ware store carries steel mesh, so i dont have to order online. the worst i can do is scrap the case, the best i can do is a good job, and sell atleast one case. my biggest fear is making a new hard drive cage, but i supose i could buy a 5 1/2 drive bay conversion kit for my drive cage. il start with it next week, and well see how things go from there. also the paint on it will be very well done, my friend makes guitar bodies as a hobby, and ive seen a few and they have amazing finishes on them most of the time. so me and him should do quite a good job, where only doing it to sell a few cases here and there and maybe make a few mods for people.

im re doing the power buttons to, ive got experience solderign wires, so i can instal new power button myself, aswell as instal my own front usb ports. the only reason why i never considerd this is i never had the proper tools to do so. my local hard ware store carries steel mesh, so i dont have to order online. the worst i can do is scrap the case, the best i can do is a good job, and sell atleast one case. my biggest fear is making a new hard drive cage, but i supose i could buy a 5 1/2 drive bay conversion kit for my drive cage. il start with it next week, and well see how things go from there. also the paint on it will be very well done, my friend makes guitar bodies as a hobby, and ive seen a few and they have amazing finishes on them most of the time. so me and him should do quite a good job, where only doing it to sell a few cases here and there and maybe make a few mods for people.

Mesh is highly overpriced at local hardware stores...look for a local supplier like the metal supermarket or Mr. Metal where you can get it much cheaper....also, some local shops will sell you scrap cheap, do a local search for perforated steel suppliers. I have a couple of places that give me their excess cut offs for free or a buck or two at the most.

If you're really serious about this try and find some super cheap cases of craigslist or kijiji for like $5. once you cut em up and paint them you stand a better chance at a profit than if you buy a new one and chop it.

just some ideas that have worked for me...to be honest i've never really made my money back on case mods...a small profit but once you consider the time that goes into it, so not worth it most of the time.

[edit] I keep forgetting you're canadian, where you located again? if is in the GTA i might be able to recommend a couple of places for cheap supplies[/edit]

I'm no expert modder but like people have been saying it is quite difficult, even to think up things to do to the case. Like the case i modded recently took quite a bit of work and it is like a noob job compared to the other modders here. So all i am saying is take it slow. Things don't turn out how you picture them.

im in ottawa in canada, also im only doing this as a hobby, and for my first project im getting it for free as its one of my old cases. i could get an old junker beige case for free off a friend aswell she has like 5 cases, from old broken computers. also im very good at design, and i thinking its going to turn out nice.

I'm no expert modder but like people have been saying it is quite difficult, even to think up things to do to the case. Like the case i modded recently took quite a bit of work and it is like a noob job compared to the other modders here. So all i am saying is take it slow. Things don't turn out how you picture them.

actually sometimes it turns out better lol

but yeah usually you won't do the thing exactly as you wanted it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom