Possible To Watercool RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this isn't the only watercooling setup I've done. While this is the loudest one the others I would say were about equal to an air cooled setup.

I've done my fair share as well, and to be honest it really depends what your trying to achieve.

You can go all out and pair 48db fans with a black ice xtreme radiator for awesome performance, or you can go for a thermochill rad with low rpm/db fans on it and still get great temps in silence.

It all comes down to what you want to achieve and how much you can spend on doing so.

Oh yeah I know you have aspire I'm not doubting that one bit. I've been here quite a while and have seen all of your greatest works which are nothing but amazing. I'm just saying from my experience they haven't been very quiet. I'll just get you to build mine the next time :)

^^ I've got som low noise fans running my setup. quiet as a mouse. fans push around 40cfm each. plenty for a thermochill rad. keeps things nice and cool.
Though my ram gets quite hot as well ^^ might have to play around with some fans.

Keep in mind that often removing the stock heat spreaders form your memory will void your warranty.
I eat warrenties for breakfast, lunch, and sometimes even as a midnight snack. But really, voiding a warrenty isnt that big of a deal to me, especially since you cant tell that the heat spreader has been off and put back on ;)

ok, I'm getting these for my system. thermalright has all your passive cooling needs imo.

Thermalright HR-07 Memory Module Cooler (DDR1 & DDR2 / Single & Double Sided) - FrozenCPU.com

I don't think that watercooling your ram would be necessary. these coolers are great, and stackable *you can put them on ram that is side by side just fine* if you get the tall ones and the short ones, and you can even mount a fan to these if you are REALLY worried. next thing, as stated, check other components and airflow. a really good way to do that is with some smoke *like a smoke bomb* by one of your air intakes, watch to see that it gets recycled through all your components
That's a good idea with the smoke bomb kinda thing. Now I just need to find some KNO3+

The point of the water cooling for him was that water doesn't make any noise. I think it would be a much better idea to figure out the cause of the problem rather than just pick a simple solution. Next it might be your processor or your computer might just burn out. I don't suppose you could get some other ram and see if it does the same thing could you?
Well, so that it doesnt make as much noise as 20 case fans, but also so that it cools better, as I plan to OC my next rig, and would like to run Tracer's in it aswell. Im not worried too much about this one, because I dont have it overclocked, but if its running this hot now, i dont want it running hotter when overclocked. And the OCZ ram I had in before this never got this hot (but both sets of Tracers that I have do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom