Mixed GT200 Info, 9900 series = G92b

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about marketing and how much money they can make with as little cost. Just make it look like you're designing a new product when you're really not. That way they don't have to pay for designers/engineers work and people still buy into it.

yeah, i mean, even we as well-experienced and knowledgeable computer enthusiasts tried to convince some members not to buy the 9800GTX... and they still did..

just imagine the average public who has their video card upgraded by Geek Squad, they don't have a flipping clue if there's a difference, all they know is that they got the newest card from nvidia, and that means more profits, amiright?

yeah, i mean, even we as well-experienced and knowledgeable computer enthusiasts tried to convince some members not to buy the 9800GTX... and they still did..

just imagine the average public who has their video card upgraded by Geek Squad, they don't have a flipping clue if there's a difference, all they know is that they got the newest card from nvidia, and that means more profits, amiright?

you're right, the 9800GTX is really just a volt modded 8800GTS 512 with some new memory chips, and tri SLI. People are paying for the name, people are more impressed by "9800GTX wootzors edition" than "8800GTS 512MB Alpha Terd"

Um Alpha Terd? Nice try but I really don't know anyone that calls it that lol. Anyway the Alpha Terd is the card for me in my media PC :). Won't be seeing any money grabbing 9800GTX here.

Um Alpha Terd? Nice try but I really don't know anyone that calls it that lol. Anyway the Alpha Terd is the card for me in my media PC :). Won't be seeing any money grabbing 9800GTX here.

lol, it's a Joke, the "Alpha terd" is my personal vid card of choice. I was just trying to make the point that people look at names over specs, even I was swayed by "zomg 9800GTXXXXXXXX!!!! THE X MAKES IT WAYYY BETTER!", when people shouldn't pay $80 for the name.

i'm just hoping the 4850 is priced the same as the 3850. Such a good card for the money. In fact I'm ditching my 3870 and backing off crossfire for now to go back to my old trusty 3850. There's nothing it can't handle except for crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom