just got a new hard drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the Hard Drives now a days work for may years. I have a PC that is 5 years old and it still rocks. I have a drive from my Windows 3.1 box (About 80MB) that still runs but i dont have anything small enough on there to use it. I have a GB drive from my Windows 95 machine that still runs as well.

Glad you got it all sorted out now.

yeah, that is VERY comforting now, lol, i really wouldnt expect a hard drive from a windows 3.1 to still work, but, now i know better

again, thanks a lot for help, especially carnage for help on AIM

i dont hear any squeaking, but i think it is only a matter of time as i have had the computer since april of 2005, using it a lot, i think it should have gone out by now but it still works.

any chance you could tell me how to use the second hard drive as basically adding 250 gigs to my hard drive? wasnt aware i could do that

oh yeah, would also like to add that even though the hard drive is a 200 gig, says 200 gigs on it, when looking at it in my computer it only says 178 gigs.

regards.

You can move my document to the 2nd partition. Go to start, right click my documents, click properties (you can only do it here) and select move. Move it to you second partition. This will speed up disc performance plus if you have to reformat, you won't lose your data.

You can move my document to the 2nd partition. Go to start, right click my documents, click properties (you can only do it here) and select move. Move it to you second partition. This will speed up disc performance plus if you have to reformat, you won't lose your data.

Talked to him over AIM about moving his data over to his second drive already, just not moving the whole My Documents folder like you said :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom