mobo recs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
we shall see when it comes out... if it can goodbye 9800gx2 lol...ill keep u updated on what I decide to do... not really sure... and I have an addiction with wanting higher 3dmark06 scores... want to break 23k..

probably could if I could OC my cpu alot more... i hit 15k last night which still isnt as high as I want with this setup... But i hear if my 9800gx2 would really fly alot more if i could get over 3.0 with my cpu but thats exactly where I crash oc'ed

Did you put them in SLI Mode in the Utility?

because I hear that increases it's performance, by activating the second GPU? Correct me if I'm wrong here

correct me if Im wrong... can I run a single 9800gx2 on a 790fx chipset? ive heard yes from alot of people but want to make sure I can and still run full capacity...

You should be able to, nVidia isn't that evil to force you to use a nVidia chipset

yes I have sli enabled... it has to be with the ntune utility to utilize both gpus you could say... but the 790fx boards dont support sli... being as one 9800gx2 is technically SLI, but only one card... it should work right?

good question.
i don't know the answer to that one, but seeing as how you score 4K higher than me in 3dmark06, i'd say yes.
BTW, i might be interested in that pehnom if you decide to part with it.

ok naga... ill keep u posted on which road I take... I have already ordered the q6600 just debating on boards right now... the 9850 is an excellent step for amd in my opinion... works great for everything i use... last night I OC'ed my 9800gx2 and was running crysis on high setting at 1920x1200 and was getting around 40-50 fps... decent little jump over stock for that card

good question.
i don't know the answer to that one, but seeing as how you score 4K higher than me in 3dmark06, i'd say yes.
BTW, i might be interested in that pehnom if you decide to part with it.

Is that Foxconn board actually giving you SLI Support yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom