mobo recs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
OK just bought the q6600. Ive got the 9800 gx2 and plan on quad sli when its better supported later. 4gb crucial tracers, water cooled, and I plan on OC'ing the heck out of this cpu... whats a goob mobo for that u guysm would recommend...

Get the 750i FTW, because its cheaper, and you don't intend on Octo-SLI

its really dumb to spend $1200 on a pair of video cards, plus they'll get outdated soon anyways

yea true ive been thinking about it but if I did it would be just to say that i did... but i probably wont... as soon as i get my q6600 in when its oc'ed ill notice slightly better fps in games anyways... runs crysis on high settings just fine on max resolutionm on my 24". So it seems either the 780i or 750i? both about the same for OC'ing?

ya... the only thing the 780i has over the 750i is the feature of Tri-SLI

but what did you do with the Phenom 9850 and 9600..

ive still got the 9850 and it rocks honestly... but i can only get 2.9 out of it and Im thinking thats due to my mobo.. i wanted to go with a new 790fx mobo but it only supports crossfire which I just bought this exoensive card so im looking to the q6600... i had a credit through a store online so i got the q6600 for $23 shipped... just testing all grounds to see what I like best... love amd but I want to be able to OC more

hmmm... u make me second guess vern... well since i already ordered the cpu Ill put it together still and sell one or the other...much appreciated for the help and some insight... and ure right... all games so far are no problem... wish i could play crysis on very high with no problems but thats impossible from what I hear at these resolutions lol

Its pretty hard with most cards, even at their native resolution, but CryEngine2 is kind of have unreasonable requirements, hopefully just 1 9900gt can max it out and have a good consistent framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom