bottleneck question

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU bottlenecks usually happen at low resolutions. The higher the resolution, the more the video card becomes the focal point.

Not to highjack the thread but on the same topic, i've been reading about 9600gt sli getting bottlenecked by cpu...that the real performance came after the cpu was OC'd. In the review i was reading they were talking about the q6600. Now is my 5000+ BE going to have that same issue....defeat the purpose of going sli?

CPU bottlenecks usually happen at low resolutions. The higher the resolution, the more the video card becomes the focal point.

i would have to disagree.

when i OCed my CPU from 3.0GHz to 3.3GHz, i got a huge noticable performance increase in about everything; gaming had a small increase, like 10 fps more i would have to say, i game mostly on Hellgate: London, Dawn of War.

from that day on, i knew that my CPU was bottlenecking my very own graphics card's performance. So sue me, im just going with what i believe in in my own experience is all.

Off topic:

Right now, my computer down after i tried reinstalling Vista n was suggested by NosBoost to use gparted liveCD to get rid of some parition of my HDD that Vista cant seem to get rid of when formatting:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/cant-reinstall-os-error-showing-up-169494/

im on this computer to repair it's problems to get the CD drive working, as well as the whole system thx to some missing/corrupted modules from past viruses. This computer is Windows XP Pro n yes i have a Windows XP Pro disc. Backed up everything in the last 3 days, because of constant use of this computer for homework, news, updated blogs - sites, etc. I'm gonna repair it today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom