Possible To Watercool RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of the water cooling for him was that water doesn't make any noise. I think it would be a much better idea to figure out the cause of the problem rather than just pick a simple solution. Next it might be your processor or your computer might just burn out. I don't suppose you could get some other ram and see if it does the same thing could you?

The point of the water cooling for him was that water doesn't make any noise. I think it would be a much better idea to figure out the cause of the problem rather than just pick a simple solution. Next it might be your processor or your computer might just burn out. I don't suppose you could get some other ram and see if it does the same thing could you?

Yeah but not even water cooling is totally silent.

You still need to have fans somewhere...

Regardless, both the ocz or corsair memory coolers utilize near silent fans which for the most part are inaudible or normal system noise.

ok, I'm getting these for my system. thermalright has all your passive cooling needs imo.

Thermalright HR-07 Memory Module Cooler (DDR1 & DDR2 / Single & Double Sided) - FrozenCPU.com

I don't think that watercooling your ram would be necessary. these coolers are great, and stackable *you can put them on ram that is side by side just fine* if you get the tall ones and the short ones, and you can even mount a fan to these if you are REALLY worried. next thing, as stated, check other components and airflow. a really good way to do that is with some smoke *like a smoke bomb* by one of your air intakes, watch to see that it gets recycled through all your components

Yeah but not even water cooling is totally silent.

You still need to have fans somewhere...

Regardless, both the ocz or corsair memory coolers utilize near silent fans which for the most part are inaudible or normal system noise.

I guess you're right. Just personally I wouldn't be content until I knew why it was like that.

Yeah sorry bud but watercooling is NOT silent one bit. This computer I have now is the loudest computer I've ever owned. Only one 12cm fan running at the back of it and it's rated at 22dB. The rest is all water.

Yeah sorry bud but watercooling is NOT silent one bit. This computer I have now is the loudest computer I've ever owned. Only one 12cm fan running at the back of it and it's rated at 22dB. The rest is all water.

Now thats pretty stereotypical. Not all water coolign setups have to be loud.

As it is, for my setup, I am exclusively using the Yate Loon Slow speed fans and the total sound coming from my computer equates to a soft humm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom