Performance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah you didn't tell me it was a Laptop. T2080 is a mobile processor. Okay now it could definitely be a heat problem. Grab PCWizard that I posted earlier if you haven't already and once it's installed click on the guage on the left hand sidebar. Post your CPU temp and Graphics temp if it's available.

Well that could no doubt be a problem. 70C is very high especially for normal browsing. You'll need to take all the covers off the bottom of your laptop and either blow everything out or gently vacuum all the parts.

Lower down in the same section there should be a GPU Temp row. It might not be there though.

Well it's ultimately up to you what you want to do. There shouldn't be that many processes running and your temps are very high.

If you want you can use autoruns. Go to the Logon tab at the top and take a screenshot of that page.

Press Alt+Shift+PrtScr to take the screenshot of the current Window. Open up paint, go to Edit and click Paste. Then post the picture here. Just upload it to image shack or something like it. Make sure I can see the whole thing. I'll look at it and let you know what you can stop from running on your PC. This program stops processes from running when you start your computer.

Ok I'll give you a list of ones you can shut down without harming anything. If you feel you need one of them just don't uncheck the box. Once you are done unchecking the boxes just close the program and restart your laptop.

Here's the list:

ECenter
HP Software
ISUSPM Startup
ISUSScheduler
PCMService
QuickTime
Adobe Reader
Digital Line
HP Digital Imaging
QuickSet.lnk
AROReminder
Dell Support
DellTransfer
Steam

Unless you use Steam for CS, TF2 etc an absolute ton I would recommend turning it off. It uses quite a bit of resources and takes up bandwidth while running. You can also turn off the Dell wireless utility if you want. Windows wireless setup is pretty good. If you always use a mouse and not the touch pad turn Synaptics off.

Ok I'll give you a list of ones you can shut down without harming anything. If you feel you need one of them just don't uncheck the box. Once you are done unchecking the boxes just close the program and restart your laptop.

Here's the list:

ECenter
HP Software
ISUSPM Startup
ISUSScheduler
PCMService
QuickTime
Adobe Reader
Digital Line
HP Digital Imaging
QuickSet.lnk
AROReminder
Dell Support
DellTransfer
Steam

Unless you use Steam for CS, TF2 etc an absolute ton I would recommend turning it off. It uses quite a bit of resources and takes up bandwidth while running. You can also turn off the Dell wireless utility if you want. Windows wireless setup is pretty good. If you always use a mouse and not the touch pad turn Synaptics off.

Thanks for the help, I'll turn those off... but I actually had the majority of those turned off all ready. I really think It's a hardware issue, it happened abruptly while playing oblivion, the framerate just dropped considerably. It happened to every other game too, only ones that work good now are Deus Ex and Civ 4.

That doesn't really make any sense though because Civ 4 is not an old game at all. Also if you turned those processes off earlier they wouldn't be checked off. Autoruns only checks off the ones that are currently set to startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom