Performance problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm guessing you're running Windows Vista then? You are running 70 processes it's just that it is one of the many parts of your system Vista took control away.

Well, yes, I am running Vista, does that mean I'm still running too many things?

Yes it means too many are still running. Vista just hides system processes and others that it thinks aren't important for you to see.

Around 20 sounds about right with Vista. The usual explorer.exe svchost.exe etc are the ones you should see.

Around 20 sounds about right with Vista. The usual explorer.exe svchost.exe etc are the ones you should see.

I don't see svchost.exe... and I have about 15 ones that I can see right now and I'm still having issues... should I just ghost this thing?

Okay well svchost is probably one of the ones Windows is hiding. I don't think you should ghost just yet. Can you post your PC specs? You can find everything out if you don't know by downloading PCWizard.

Is it integrated video or do you have a video card? Your video card could be what's slowing your games. Are you sure that frequency is right for your CPU? I'm not sure if there is a Pentium D that runs at 1.73GHz. Or do you mean Core 2 and not Pentium?

I've always had this video card and it worked for every game in the past, It's an ATI 1400, (sucks I know). It worked for WoW, oblivion, basically all the games I have on my PC currently

Here's what it says straight from Dxdiag, Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2080 @ 1.73GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom