Mixed GT200 Info, 9900 series = G92b

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine w/ these new cards coming out and not performing so great. Just means mine will last longer.

lol i half agree and half dont.

but thats just because im not impressed with my current card :S and on the 24" screen I got today the deficiencies are blantantly obvious. ; ;

And alot of games are optimized for nvidia cards rather then ATI. 3dmark06 actually scores higher with ATI cards for some reason, or at least thats what i have noticed.

I really hope the 4xxx series kicks *** but i can't see how they can compete with what nvidia is putting out there.

lol i half agree and half dont.

but thats just because im not impressed with my current card :S and on the 24" screen I got today the deficiencies are blantantly obvious. ; ;

how do you like your monitor? Took me very little adjusting to get the colors correct. I just turned brightness to 71 contrast to 90 and blue to 97

is far cry 2 gonna be the next crysis.. 24fps... wheres the games at?

i think in todays position hardware is way ahead of game media developement and production. eg: with all the latest gfx cards theres only a couple of games that really puts some serious stress on them. 99% of games can be maxed, the top rigs fuss over a handful of fps difference in crysis. Really its not the hardware we should be fussing about its the game media. Our PC's should be good for at least 2years. :)

is far cry 2 gonna be the next crysis.. 24fps... wheres the games at?

i think in todays position hardware is way ahead of game media developement and production. eg: with all the latest gfx cards theres only a couple of games that really puts some serious stress on them. 99% of games can be maxed, the top rigs fuss over a handful of fps difference in crysis. Really its not the hardware we should be fussing about its the game media. Our PC's should be good for at least 2years. :)

+1 for that too... these g92's and g80's prove themselves worthy for the most part in almost every game. Even the 8800 gts 320's and 640's pull off good fps.

I don't see a reason to upgrade other then benchmarks and e-peenage.

The monitor is crazy. i haven't even bothered going into the settings, it looks flawless. no dead pixels either thank goodness XD. I was lucky to find the 245.
its Bright! It's taking a bit of getting used to. my old lcd was starting to dull out from so much use. I can't even look at my poor 30" tv anymore.

you just adjusted yours by eye? what did you use to compare/check colors/shades? i might fiddle with it a bit ^^
edit~ turned brightness down to 95, now its easier on the eyes and hasn't lost anything. also tried your blue setting and found it made a slight improvement as well. Left the contrast at 100, anything less than 96 is a noticable drop in color.

And about our pc's being good for two years this all depends on what resolution you're playing at XD. I tried fully modded oblivion and it decimated my PC at 1900x1200 ; ; was kinda sad really. neverwinter nights 2 gives me too much grief to be playable at 1900 as well. Frontlines was a cakewalk maxed out and i'd guess cod4 too, i cant try cause i uninstalled it >.>

i dunno i might go for a GX2, depending on how much of my income tax isnt already spent. ; ;

not that i know him.. but he's a big bencher and new hardware tester for nvidia.. go check out xtremesystems.org and look out for benchzowner

The monitor is crazy.

I had to turn brightness way down. Lit up my room like a lighthouse. How much did you end up paying, if you don't mind me asking? I used media center but found that the contrast was way off. I was going to get color spyder but its not that important to me. I don't do graphics or anything

4GHz GDDR5 VRAM, freakin crazy i say. I'm gonna stick with my HD 3870 x2 until the 4870 x2 comes out, it's going to be a monster..........but using 256-bit? Hmm idk, this upcoming war is gonna be weird (9 series vs. 4xxx series).

Yeah i had to turn brightness down another notch. it was almost like staring at the sky on a bright day haha. hard on the eyes, felt like wearing sunglasses. All said and done it was 680$ T_T. 589 + tax and shipping. This thing is freaking heavy lol
portrait view is neat, but i don't know what purpose it would serve haha.

took me like 15 min just to figure out you had to manually set it to HDMI before it would work. I was like "Check Signal" what!? its plugged in! Scared the heck out of me lol.

Color spyder is software?

I'd like to see what he 4xxx can do. If its good im tempted to switch, mainly because i've already got a crossfire board lol. I'll have to rearrange the WC crap out of the way for a long card though, need longer tubing to go over as well. Big pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom