Built-Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude you need to calm down, i was just telling you that most of the things you recomended would not be good for him.
Sorry i ment the q9450 does not overclock well, not it does hehe

Up the FSB and votages it works fine as long as you don't have a board with a low fsb limit.... I got mine to 4.0, runs at 3.6 24/7 so they work fine.....

havn't seen you here in a while falcon...the q9450 has a low multi, thats what i was talking about.

ShaolineDreams, i apologize for the last sentence i said but other then that what i said was relevant.

thanks luke

ok back to OP
1. E8400 or Q9450 I want a quad cz i wont be upgrading in 1-2 years. Best chips around atm futureproof.
2. dunno
3. Corsair 620w for sli!
4. 680i, 750i how about 780i? want to have tri sli and better OC and marginally higher price?
5. ram Depending motherboard. crucial are good corsair geil etc etc
6. Antec 900 Heard that the NZXT Tempest is the same as the 900 but better i seen the tempest yeh it looks good, this option you can decide really mate and then check some reviews make sure theres no problems.
7. Samsung 22" or 24" I think they discontinue the Samsung 226BW how about SM-2493HM 24" .. i would go for 24" myself higher rez then HD.
8. Seagate or Maxtor 500gb 32mb cache SATAII im going with the Seagate 7200.11 750GB because it is 5.77GB/$1 while the 500GB is 4.76GB/$1 Good choice.
9. Asus, Liteon SATA
10. Razer DeathAdder 11. Razer Lycosa how about the G5 and G15? ive had both logitech and razer and being a harcore gamer theyre good gaming mice its a matter of personal preference they are well matched.
12. AS5 or MX2 going with mx-2 cheap and good results which ever you feel, im using AS5 had the cpu at 19c this afternoon with my "crap" cpu cooler ;)
13. huh
12. Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro mention the devil
13. GRAPHICS CARD - 9600GT, 8800GTS, 9800GTX yeah i forgot about the gpu. id just get a 9800GTX

Just some "ideas"

Goodluck :)

sli is not good for him? please please please dont comment on my posts. im telling you man you annoyed me. your post was very rude. If you have a recommendation recommend it make your own list. did you see the post after where he said he maybe wants sli. so basically your recomendations would not be good for him either. your telling me your little q6700, 8800, 520 is better then my choice of q9450 9800sli 620 for gaming and benchmarking?

i wouldnt go with 9800GTX SLI or 9800GX2 SLI

I think a mix of both would be better

q6700, 9900gx2 (it'll be out in May and should put the 9800 series and the 8 series to shame, the 4 series from ATi should be out then too, there might be a chance of it owning), Corsair 520hx (I only recommend the 620hx if the extra 100watts from the other rails are needed for 3 or more drives for RAID Configuration.)

when in may? early, middle, late may? how will it cost?

while luke's response was a bit rude, i would agree with him. you're build in all honesty wasn't really a good build for what he wanted. For the things he suggested, and the things that he needed your build was a bit over the top and uneccesary. also luke comenting on your post, that's him giving you feed back on what you need to think about when you post a build. its criticisn on something you did.. if nobody ever tells you to do something different then how are you going to improve your computing knowledge.

and as far as the build goes, any idea on an updated parts list?

i will have a bigger list soon of what i am thinking of buying

you guys are fighting but havent answered my other question

What was your other question?

it should cost as the same price as the 8800gt (9900gt), 9800gtx (9900gtx), 9800gx2 (9900gx2)

What makes the voltage go higher? The max voltage that the Q6700 go is 1.5 or if I go higher it will get fried? How much difference in temperature between the Q9450 and Q6700 (i heard 10 degree)?

How high can the Q9450 go? I think it has a wall. Does the Q6600 and Q6700 have a wall: nice score ORB - Compare

I heard the Q9450 has a low multiplier but it is faster than the Q6700 & Q6600.

How do stuff get fried also? By when in may it will be released?

over volting your cpu could fry it.. basically pushing your maximum overclock a little bit too much. usually your crashing well before then so you know its not working at that setting.

ok man.. what sort of single graphic card are you thinking about? wait abit longer for the 9900?

i was reading this aswell Nvidia Talks About Upcoming GT200 GPU, Trademarks "Tegra" is this the 9900 series?

Its not going to be cheap anytime soon. Anyway all the graphics cards mentioned will eat any game except maybe crysis full whack.
get your list up and the guys can help you out

Yes they are.

This is what i have currently

Card Reader: SABRENT 65-in-1 Internal
DVD Burner: ASUS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner LightScribe SATA
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Wired
Mouse: Logitech G5 Laser
Thermal Compound/Grease: ARCTIC COOLING MX-2
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.