Built-Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say go ahead and get like a 8800gts if your budget allows, which it ought to, and then just step up when the 9xxx series comes out, if it hasn't when you order all your stuff.

the Q9450 is a crap overclocker because of the Yorkfield's Low as heck multipliers

What makes the voltage go higher? The max voltage that the Q6700 go is 1.5 or if I go higher it will get fried? How much degree difference between the Q9450 and Q6700 (i heard 10 degree)?

How high can the Q9450 go? I think it has a wall. Does the Q6600 and Q6700 have a wall: nice score ORB - Compare

I heard the Q9450 has a low multiplier but it is faster than the Q6700 & Q6600.

dude you need to calm down, i was just telling you that most of the things you recomended would not be good for him.
Sorry i ment the q9450 does not overclock well, not it does hehe

sli is not good for him? please please please dont comment on my posts. im telling you man you annoyed me. your post was very rude. If you have a recommendation recommend it make your own list. did you see the post after where he said he maybe wants sli. so basically your recomendations would not be good for him either. your telling me your little q6700, 8800, 520 is better then my choice of q9450 9800sli 620 for gaming and benchmarking?

I think a mix of both would be better

q6700, 9900gx2 (it'll be out in May and should put the 9800 series and the 8 series to shame, the 4 series from ATi should be out then too, there might be a chance of it owning), Corsair 520hx (I only recommend the 620hx if the extra 100watts from the other rails are needed for 3 or more drives for RAID Configuration.)

while luke's response was a bit rude, i would agree with him. you're build in all honesty wasn't really a good build for what he wanted. For the things he suggested, and the things that he needed your build was a bit over the top and uneccesary. also luke comenting on your post, that's him giving you feed back on what you need to think about when you post a build. its criticisn on something you did.. if nobody ever tells you to do something different then how are you going to improve your computing knowledge.

and as far as the build goes, any idea on an updated parts list?

sli is not good for him? please please please dont comment on my posts. im telling you man you annoyed me. your post was very rude. If you have a recommendation recommend it make your own list. did you see the post after where he said he maybe wants sli. so basically your recomendations would not be good for him either. your telling me your little q6700, 8800, 520 is better then my choice of q9450 9800sli 620 for gaming and benchmarking?

I never said sli was not good for him, at the moment he was saying he was going with a single gpu solution. You are taking my post the wrong way, i was not saying it rudly, i admit it was rather rude but that is not how i was saying it. I already did make my own list.

dont anyone here have sli or crossfire lol overkill.. he wanted good gaming benchmarks and overclocking thats his word. My option is just an alternative no need for rude people to shoot it down in flames.lets not even mention quad sli. Am i not in the high performance build section?? hes got a huge budget he can afford to GO WILD with sli lol come on man your country has cheaper components then my side of the pond. What requirements are you reading? im reading Gaming Benchmarking Overclocking Futureproof.

Peter people dont always do things 1 way you know. im not stupid mate i know theres various options im giving him my personal one which i think its pretty good considering his budget and reqs.

let me say again.. What requirements are you reading?

ok, if he wants to go sli and wants to spend more here's my new list

1.) q6700
4gb crucial ram
corsair 620hx
seagate 500gb 7200.11 32mb cache
8800gts g92x2 or if he wants to spend even more 2x9800gtx
780i mobo
mx-2 thermal paste

If he doesn't want to go sli but still want to spend more then my first list..

2.) q6700
4gb crucial ram
corsair 520hx
seagate 500gb 7200.11 32mb cache
780i mobo
9900gtx (when released if he doesn't build this before then) or if he doesn't want to wait the 9800gtx.

I Say go with the second list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom