Linksys Wireless Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not going to use this wireless card anymore but i am keeping the wireless router. now how can i get the older computer to acquire a network address within this century?

At the moment i've got this

Cable lines (coaxial or whatever tv lines) ----- modem ----- router-- ethernet cable 1--PC1 ---ethernet cable 2 ---PC 2

so both pcs are connected to the router.

ok try accessing your router settings 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 type those in a web browser no http etc

if it askes for username and password try admin, admin or if you know what it is then log in.

Once in just look at the basic settings is DHCP on? mac address filtering? whats its ip range set at something like 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.5 = 4 pcs connected at once.

Also on the pc that isnt working try start>all programs>accessories then command prompt.

once open type : ipconfig/release press enter then type ipconfig/renew press enter.

then see if it connects if it still fails in command prompt type ipconfig/all and paste the info here.

to paste in command prompt right click and choose mark then you can use your mouse to select text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom