Budget OC'in Build, Confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
I have decided through long hours of debating, to build the following system for my friend. He is upgrading an old Dell (Very hot P4 Extreme, :D , the good ol' days of AMD) and rather than sell parts individually, he is selling the whole system. I have put together the following:

-Pentium Dual Core e2180
-Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R mobo
-2GB Ballistix RAM, PC2-6400
-Coolermaster 330 or 333 case
-OCZ StealthXStream 500w PSU
-An old 8600GT I'm giving him
-Stock cooler temporarily, possibly the Thermaltake 120
-Samsung 500GB HDD and DVD Burner
Total Cost of €480 and then he will sell the old dell

Only a few questions though. (1)Should I get the e2180 or a new e6320 of ebay for only a little more and (2) any improvements

If you're going to stick with a dual core for him, you could take off the TRUE and get an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7, instead. I have one, and it keeps my OC'd e6750 nice and cool. It's also quite cheap for such a good cooler.

Overall that build looks good. If your friend doesn't need the extra features on the DS3R you could go with the P35-DS3L and save some money.

If you're going to stick with a dual core for him, you could take off the TRUE and get an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7, instead. I have one, and it keeps my OC'd e6750 nice and cool. It's also quite cheap for such a good cooler.
I had actually forgotten about the ACF7, so that is my cooler sorted, how about the e6320 vs. e2180 thing though, also in the running is the e6550, although the benefits after overclocking are very little it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom