Win 98 Install Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Hi, can someone tell me where I can download win 98 boot disk?

Also, is there anyway I can install win 98 without using floppy? My OS is Win XP, and I need to install win 98 on another drive. Since I can't install 98 from XP, is win 98 boot disk the only way to install it? Thanks

My floppy is not working right now for some reason, so is it possible to download the win 98 boot disk files onto a CD RW and boot from CD? Will that work? Thanks

If you can boot off of the cd, why would you need a 98 boot disk..you can just boot off the install cd??

I don't think you can boot from win 98 CD, can you??

By the way, is there anyway to uninstall win XP. I originally had win 98 on my D drive, but installed XP on top of it by accident. Is there anyway to uninstall so i can boot into 98 again or is reinstall they way to go? Thanks

You should be able to boot off the cd as long as it's a full install cd and not a upgrade cd. Also, you'll need to make sure you bios is configured to boot to cd in your boot sequence.

As for uninstalling, by deafual when you UPGRADE from win9X to xp it is suppose to back up your windows 98 install unless you tell it to do other wise. So you should be able to uninstall it from add/remove programs in control pannel if I remember correctly. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here

Seanlee2 said:
You should be able to boot off the cd as long as it's a full install cd and not a upgrade cd. Also, you'll need to make sure you bios is configured to boot to cd in your boot sequence.

As for uninstalling, by deafual when you UPGRADE from win9X to xp it is suppose to back up your windows 98 install unless you tell it to do other wise. So you should be able to uninstall it from add/remove programs in control pannel if I remember correctly. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here

I can,t boot off of my 98se full install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom