[PICS] 97ºC video card, heres why..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmo0n

Techalicious
Ok well i posted before about my card getting to 95-97 degrees Celsius under full load and i just thought that it would be because of the lack of thermal paste.

Well the other day at my friends house when we took the card apart we found out why it was overheating.

Also there was a ridiculous amount of dust throughout the copper fins and under the fan.

The pictures aren't that great my friend probably has Parkinson's or something because he doesn't know how to hold still. As seen in this picture here.

anyway my temps are down to 45-49 idle and 60's under load with a max temperature of 75 (which hasn't happened since the first stress test i tried)

Thank you to the people that helped me with temperatures and told me to get it fixed up asap. I now have Arctic Silver on the gpu chip.

the screws on the bottom of my card r way too small for me to take off. Everytime i try i get closer to stripping them. I want to apply my MX-2 on it, because my temps r 59 C idle, 73 C load. I have no control over the fan. Powered by 2 6pin connectors.

Now those are some pics I would want to see!

A new member comes on nice and calm and posts some flaming computer pics :D. I could see it now: "Now this is the computer starting to create embers around the heatsink". "And this pic is when the PSU starting seeping down onto my motherboard!" hehe

Re: [PICS] 97ºC video card, heres why..

Your card would have been close to nice and melted. If not starting already. Just the way I like 'em :p

i've had a 7900gt running 110 degrees celcius during 3dmark06

1.5v modded w/ stock heatsink and fan ;) hahahaha

i'll be applying mx-2 on my 8800gtx when it comes in :)

Re: [PICS] 97ºC video card, heres why..

i've had a 7900gt running 110 degrees celcius during 3dmark06

1.5v modded w/ stock heatsink and fan ;) hahahaha

i'll be applying mx-2 on my 8800gtx when it comes in :)

Haha...My 7900GS has hit 108*C while playing COD 4. :eek: That was when the fan wasn't spinning for some reason though. :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom