Win XP clock keeps changing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've found some older boards where the battery was actually part of the board, non-removable, and the batteries were still good. as in all things, these vary... you can have one last 15-20 years without a hitch, but you get a bad one maybe 5 years or less

The battery life all depends. M CMOS battery barely ever gets used. I also have my PC on. So there is never really a time for my battery to get used to have to save my settings.

But if your PC is off more than it is on then you will wear the battery down faster. ;)

I've found some older boards where the battery was actually part of the board, non-removable, and the batteries were still good. as in all things, these vary... you can have one last 15-20 years without a hitch, but you get a bad one maybe 5 years or less

It's like that on some laptops today even. Not sure if it is on all, or just some, though.

If you pop out the old one and pop in the new within a couple seconds, you won't lose anything. Now if it takes you a minute or so you will lose your BIOS settings, but as soon as you power on it will go immediately into setup for you to fix that. Or it should.

as has been stated, and as I forgot to mention, resetting your BIOS is simple. boot order, date and time, any overclocking you've done *though from the sounds of it I don't think you've messed with this* done. that's really it. yeah, Mak you have a good point. still is rather luck to get one lasting 15+ years.

Yes there is a bit of luck involved as with anything PC related though. Can go years without a dead part but then get nothing but dead parts for a new build. Nothing is set in stone for PC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom