9800 GX2 ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
ok just running one 9800 GX2, do u have to enbale sli? ive heard yes and no... reason being i have it enabled and crysis on high lags quite a bit. I can play it on medium no probs but its too beautiful a game for that. But then again it may also be my cpu bottlenecking. Any suggestions?

Hey there, i was recently asking the same question. and according to a few people i know who had the older generation of the x2 cards had to enable SLI. So i started looking it up on the web, and i have come up with this people saying you need to enable it in control panel. Now if you don't agree or don't believe all you have to do to test this for yourself is run a benchmark without it enabled in nvidia control panel, then run the same test with it enabled. You will see the difference for sure in the higher resolutions.

I asked the same thing, but i was told Sli is two gpu's working together not necessarily 2 cards. It still uses sli technology in the nvidia drivers.

vedub, By 2 cards you mean the two boards/gpu's in the 1 card. and do you think he needs to enable it in his bios too? I guess it depends on the board.

No, the drivers take care of SLI. The gx2 is essentially SLI on a stick. It does have to be turned on to use both gpus.

ahh ok cool... ncie to know... sorry to hear you are getting rid of the GX2's veedub... yea it is an expensive hobby... any idea why im getting crap for fps in crysis? think i just need to tweak it some more

ahh ok cool... ncie to know... sorry to hear you are getting rid of the GX2's veedub... yea it is an expensive hobby... any idea why im getting crap for fps in crysis? think i just need to tweak it some more

make sure you don't have AA up a lot, that's the real FPS killer

well i played it in DX9 with AA off and on High and thats much better now around 40-60 fps now in DX9. DX10 was a killer but yea i think its my 9850 phenom BE running at 2.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom