9800gtx vs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCyber

Daemon Poster
ok, not getting clear thoughts on this. the 9800gtx... wanting the good the bad and the ugly. heard driver issues, seeing that the core clock and mem clock are higher than the 9800gtx2 and the 9600gt. looking at this card Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N877-AR GeForce 9800 GTX SSC 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics but saw a post
Everyone knows "red iz fastur..." (look it up if you dont know the reference)
so I'm wondering about this. the card I'm looking at has a 770MHz core clock and a 2300MHz mem clock, vs all others I've looked at this is blazin' fast... and it's the green card lol. so I'm just confused. please help clear me up a bit

I'd say, go for it. It's in the middle of everything performance wise.

*edit*
Agreed with stalin, if you want to save $50.

I'm pretty sure that is a rumor... Someone needs to do some tests to see. *looks to nos with his massive gpu spending budget*

but still, for $50 more bucks the 5 more mhz that you might possibly get if the rumors are true aint worth it.

btw... WOW $299 already? Thought the evga ones were still in the $350 area.

Man, $299. I got my 8800GTS G92 from Newegg for $279...AHHHH I hate computer technology, you lose soo much money. 2 weeks later and the new 9 series cost as much as the 8 series ahhhh I wanna kill myself :(

I have the regular version. I get clocks of 840/2100/2400 on Core/Shaders/Mem. This thing is an absolute overclocking BEAST. The memory is way better than the memory on my 8800GTS for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom