Gaming Labtops!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

werewolfpack

Baseband Member
Im thiking of getting a gaming labtop and i was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions. i have looked at the alienware one and the dell xps series. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

laptops arnt that good for gaming... you will prolly spend 3x as much on a laptop to get prolly only 1/3 of the performance of a Desktop 3x cheeper.

I bought a Dell Inspiron 9100 recently for work and games.

Specs:

3.2GHz P4 w/HT
800MB FSB
1GB DDR400
ATI 9700 Mobility (128 MB DDR)
15.4 WXUGA Widescreen
Dual Layer DVD Burner
Floppy

I paid ~$2800 after tax and shipping.

Now I could have built two really good desktops for that price... but I wouldn't be able to take them with me. :)

That's the difference. If you want to take your system with you, then you have to pay a "convienance tax". LOL.

And as far as the comment about not playing games as well, I can play Doom3 on Ultramode with no lag on the highest screen resolution. :p

I would say wait a few months to get one because there is talk of the new gpu's being converted to laptop mobile form, so you should be able to purchase a laptop witha x800 or a 6800 in a few months. Laptops are really catching up to desktop performance, although I always will game on a desktop.

well, dell's laptop will be cheaper.

xps_front_314.jpg

not bad. I know that DELL has 1 laptop equiped with Pentium M 1.5ghz with 2MB L2 cache. I think bigger L2 help a lots in gaming.
Or u can change the cpu to Pentium®4 w/HT Technology 3.4GHz Extreme Edition.

i agree with jolancer if youre thinking of playing games dont even think laptop youll just be cheating yourself. you will spend much more money and get much less performance. laptops just dont have the space or power supplies to be able to handle all of the space and power hungry devices really need to build a good gaming pc.

get an alienware, you can swith out the gpu, so you can upgrade it down the road. Tech tv did a round up of the dell xps series, some kind of alienware and a voodoo laptop. they concluded that the alienware was the best for the price/performance ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom