extremely po'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think my desktop just went kaput, im not sure tho, but im out of ideas.

I was trying to figure out why it was running so slow, so i uninstalled some programs, then seen in the system properties tab that it was running only 1gb of ram, so i opened the case to investigate, seen one stick was hanging in half way, so i pushed it in the rest of the way and closed the case up, plugged it back in, pressed the power button, and it turned on.

except that nothing happens / black screen of death.

so i opened it up and pulled everything out except for the psu and mobo, remounted the cpu, made sure the heatsink was on right cause my hand brushed it over a bit when i put the ram back in, pulled all the ram and put in a known good working stick, plugged it in....nothing.

reset bios....nothing

ideas? power lights on mobo come on, which i guess is a good sign, idk tho. im going to try a stick of 512 in it next. so far i have tried a 1gb stick of 667, and two different 1gb sticks of 800...DDR2, its my am2 system : BLUE DEMON

so yeah im kinda mad, cause this is the guest pc.

update: pulled everything from the case and cleaned it up, reinstalled cpu, heatsink, one stick of ram, video card, and psu on my desk, powered it up and was looking over it and my dram light is really really dim, its usually as bright as my power light on the board, but now its just dim as heck. could it be the psu, or board?

ok update 2: i threw it now it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom