I need this verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I just bought and installed a Wolfdale E8400. I had to flash the bios on my Evga 680i mobo (P32 bios update). I have used the stock fan, Arctic freezer Pro and Xigmatek AIO all wiht the same results. Nvidia panel and the bios show temps the same with at @ 62 dgerees C. I have googled this issue and apparently this is an issue wiht the 45 NM cores and misreported core Temps> I did a serch here with no results and i was wondering if anyon else has had simialr or the same issues. BTW....this CPU runs stable @ 4.2 GHz 1.48 volts unlocked. OMG! But it appeared be pushing 72 degrees at rest but I have no idea what my actual core temps are I'm guessing. I did stick my voltemter thermocouple right on the CPU at stock 3.0ghz and it registered 34 degrees so I'm thinking my bios is misreporting the core temps and I do not wnat to oc this chip until I'm sure what is going on. Thanks!

Update: It's a definite misreport of core/CPU temperatures. If you have an Intel dual or quad, this new program (free) really gives you a real temperature evaluation of you current CPU/Core temps:

Real Temp - New temp program for Intel Core processors - XtremeSystems Forums

My E8400 is actually Running 36 degrees to 42 degrees rest and full load raises temps to 44 to 49 degrees. This is at stock speeds. If you are planning to significantly OC this chip then you better investigate water cooling or a top of the line air cooler and heat sink.

I wouldn't suggest ever using SpeedFan for temp readings, I, as well as many others, use CoreTemp.

I have become a lapping fan!! I just lapped my xigmatek AIO and reseated wiht AS5. Core temps went form 48 degrees at rest to 36 degrees which is remarkable!! I'm going to run the Cores up to 4.0 ghz and sent what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom