Problems running 3D applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybeans

In Runtime
I believe this is the right spot to post this. It might be a software problem but it regards hardware... Ok here is the problem. I just recently installed windows on my new WD Raptor 10k drive and had great success. After installation I ran a few benchmarks and got great scores. Everything was working great at this point. I had used AquaMark3, 3DMark and FFXI mark (just for kicks). I then installed a few MS updates and tweaked my system with almost all the tweaks located on this link:

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=324

I've done this with my old system in the past and had nothing but performance come out of it. This time, however, I am having problems. When I load a 3D application it seems that the textures rendered flicker with the wrong textures and it seems quite random and I can't figure out why. I've changed display settings etc with no luck. I tried a system restore, but unfortunately I disabled it when doing the tweaks so everything prior to the tweaks has been erased. I restored to the earliest point possible but was after XP updates. If you know what I should do to fix this problem, I could really use your help :/

Oh, I tried taking a screen shot of the problem in AquaMark3 but the screen shots seem to be rendered perfectly without any artifacting (AKA random textures on random surfaces). I really have no idea what else to try except for reinstalling windows and starting from scratch. My system specs are below.

Pic

I have attached a picture of the problem I'm having. I just disabled HT and it got worse but is still the same problem. Is there anyone else out there having this problem? Is it my motherboard? I know the graphics card is good, used it on my old system. I spent good money on this system and can't even play games. Any help will be great.

It's too bad nobody has any suggestions... I was looking forward to getting this problem resolved ;/

have you tried reinstalling the drivers for the video card?
Just a thought...

Well, it seems the motherboard was in need of a BIOS flash update. It's always something simple...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom