Driver updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denise_M

In Runtime
I recently installed the new Asus motherboard and graphics card and I want to check to see what drivers need to be updated and a BIOS update. I don't know if things such as chipsets, cpu, etc, can or neeed to be updated. I have:

- ASUS A8V-VM SE - Motherboard - micro ATX - K8M890 - Socket 939 - UDMA133, SATA (RAID) - Ethernet - video - 6-channel audio
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3.0Gb/s 320Gb hard drive (RAID array not set up)
- VGA MSI NX8400GS-TD256EH 8400GS RT (video card)
- ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler
- Corsair 620W PSU
- Ballistix 2x1G RAM, 184-pin DIMM, 128MX64 DDR PC3200, Unbuffered
- NORCO-4618 PCI-X / PCI eSATA / SATA II / SATA I Controller Card RAID 0/1/5/10/JBOD
- Windows XP X64, SP2
- NetFramework 2.0 Redistributable Pack for X64

What should need updates and where do I look for them?

It's working right now but will it work when I format it? The Windows program I have installed has all the updates but once I format it, the updates won't be there. Following a link below, I downloaded this one:

AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (x86 and x64 exe) 1.3.2.16 - Allows the system to automatically adjust the CPU speed, voltage and power combination that match the instantaneous user performance need. Download this Setup Installation program (EXE) to automatically update all the files necessary for installation. This package is recommended for users whom desire a graphical user interface for installation. This .EXE driver is a user friendly localized software installation of the driver designed for end-users. This driver supports AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual Core processors on Windows XP SP2, Windows 2003 SP1 x84 and x64 Editions.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...mdcpusetup.exe

I don't do gaming but I do a lot with videos . . . putting them in synch, splitting, editing, joining, ripping, creating backups, etc, so my pc needs more than what a lot of people don't need for everyday emailing, ordering something on line, etc.

The video card is a nvidia card. Look at their website for drivers.

Look at the Asus website for the chipset drivers. That should be all you need to get.

I downloaded 169.21_forceware_winxp_64bit_english_whql for the graphics card.

All the chipset drivers for the mobo point only to Vista. Would you mind giving me a link or a the name/number of the chipset driver?

There might not be a 64 Bit XP Driver. I do not know what location you are at to try and find a link for you. It is not under the Global section.

Even that doesnt help. Still doesnt even come up with that mobo in the US.

Would you check this page?
ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

I've gone through it but there are times that I miss something, like when I needed a new motherboard. I didn't know that I needed a "micro" atx and I was ready to buy a board that wasn't micro atx and I would've wasted $100+ if I did.

The same thing here. Things may look good to me but there might be something about it that isn't intended for my mobo/cpu etc.

I want to get all my ducks lined up in a row so that, when I do the format, all the correct drivers and updates will be right there.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom