Reinstall XP on laptop with Desktop XP disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no difference it using a branded disk and using one you downloaded. As long as you have a valid key all is good.

I see no difference it using a branded disk and using one you downloaded. As long as you have a valid key all is good.

Well, there might be a little difference but not as much what someone here is saying. Dell discs come with the Dell solution center, lol. So that's different.

Actually the Dell Discs do not install the Dell Solution center by default. That is a separate download. The 2 main issues are Serial/activation and OEM VS Retail disc/serial.

Actually the Dell Discs do not install the Dell Solution center by default. That is a separate download. The 2 main issues are Serial/activation and OEM VS Retail disc/serial.

Maybe. But through my past Dell experiences, it installs it. But I guess that it must have installed it when I installed the drivers. Guess you're right. ^^

I have a Dell. Actually 2 of them. Neither disc installs it. That is a extra download. ;)

Well my disc is from last year and from 5 years ago. So i am pretty spread out. I woudnt think they would do it from some discs and not others. That would be a waste of resources. But i do not use anything but the chipset drivers from Dell. I use nvidia drivers and creative drivers for my stuff. Then there are a couple of drivers loaded by WU. So i use nothing from Dell that i dont have to. That would be why i dont get their stuff on my PC.

I removed the last 2 posts. They were not needed. If he needs to know the difference between OEM and Retail the article is there. There is no reason to post it. As for the thread all the relevant info is here so i will close it now to stop this from going any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom