upgrade questions? rampage formula? Q6600?

Status
Not open for further replies.
36 amps... not bad... and on one single rail... its good

but I think the PC Power and Cooling 610 is cheaper on the egg'

it would be enough to power my new rig, for sure, you mean?
and idc about cheaper, i need something thats modular... but thanks :)

Ya man 750i ftw is the way to go for sli (unless you want x3 sli).

uhm... what?

haha... i dont even want to SLI! im going single card ONLY... mebbe a GX2 at some point, but... not now... thanks anyways tho? XD

i do kinda like that... modular... nice... does it come in any higher watts tho? a 600 is still kinda concerning me just a bit... :*

and any thoughts about the 9800GTX? i really havent heard much talk about it in the forums atall... any opinions? thanks :) - RK

The ultra x3 600w or pc&p are both plenty for a single GTX. You could even get away with a corsair 520hx.

the 9800GTX takes over when you get into more memory bandwidth intensive games, due to the increase in memory speed.

The ultra x3 600w or pc&p are both plenty for a single GTX. You could even get away with a corsair 520hx.

are you absolutely sure? did you look at the rest of my rig and what im running/what i plan to upgrade? cuz i realllllllly dont want to buy a new PSU, only to have it it not be enough power... i used Newegg's power supply calculator, and it suggested i should be running something more like 733W... if youre sure, thats fine, just... please be sure? haha
thanks so much tho :] - RK

Power supply calculators are CRAP. The only thing you should be concerned with is theh Amperage on the 12v rail. Notice how i run a q6600@3.6ghz, and FOUR video cards on a 750w psu. It has a giant single 60A 12v rail. I used to run 2 GTS512s on a corsair 520hx. Personally though, i wont be buying anything from ultra due to them being pricks and trying to sue everyone for something they didnt even invent.

veedubfreak is correct, power supply calculators always over or under estimate.

As for what power supply, I know I have the Ultra X3's in my power supply guide, but they are only "acceptable" at best, I would never put them in the running in comparison to PC power and Cooling or Corsair.

X3's are better than X2's but they are certainly not even close to PC P&C or Corsair.

Ultra's current power supplies are at the bottom of the acceptable list, and only if you need flashy modular ones..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom